Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Awesome Salsa

Here is a great salsa recipe. It can be used with tortillas chips or with grilled chicken pieces on top of grilled corn tortillas with sour cream and cheese. However you want to eat it, it will be great!!

1-3 mangos, ripe but firm. Chopped into small pieces
1-2 jalapeno peppers. seeded and then finely chopped
Fresh chopped cilantro. As much or as little as you like. I use quite a bit.
1-2 large tomatoes, use the type you like. chopped small
The juice of 1-2 limes
1 med onion finely chopped

Mix all of the chopped ingredients together and let sit in the refrigerator to chill for about 1/2 an hour or so. This is so lite and refreshing you will love it. You can add more or use less, depending on how much salsa you want to make. It really is an eyeball it and taste as you go kind of recipe.

Enjoy:))

5 comments:

Ruthie said...

Yummm...yay for summer! Someday my garden will grow salsa things too!

Ros said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE salsa... was just thinking I need to make some the other day. I don't think I can make that one though because mangoes aren't in season here currently. It does look good though!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ros, tuck it away for mango season because you will really enjoy it:) I still cannot comment on your page, weird?:)

Ros said...

I wonder why not.. how strange.. what does it say?

BTW I went and made some regular salsa after reading this. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ros,
It says that I have to be logged into my google account and that this blogger does not accept anonymous comments. I have tried to log in and then comment but that doesn't work either. I'll have to get Ruth or her hubby over here to figure it out for me, they know much more than me;)