Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for the willpower that has come over both my husband and myself. Michael has now been smoke-free for 3 weeks!!! I am so proud of him, I know how hard it is for him he was probably born with a very addictive personality. I'm not just talking about the cigarettes either...Hunting, Fishing, and Golfing are very addictive for him too, can you hear the sarcasm in my words? Really though I am very proud of him. I am also proud of myself I guess because I have been smoke-free for 3 1/2 months. I am more proud of the fact that I have not gained any weight, actually I just noticed yesterday that I have lost 5 lbs!!! I guess all of those walks, the yoga, and using the dumbbells is finally paying off. Now back to poor Michael who has gained about 10 lbs! He is laughing it off, me too sort of. I keep telling him to watch it or those 10 lbs will turn into 20. Men are lucky like that, as soon as the weather is nice and he mows the grass once it will all just magically melt off, more sarcasm.

So thank you God for giving us both the willpower we both needed to stop that terrible nasty habit. We both feel great and are getting along much better too!!

8 comments:

Ruthie said...

Wow! Way to go...I'm proud of you guys too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks:)

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of both of you, everyday smoke free is a day longer in life with your children!! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks mom:))

Cheryl said...

Excellent...good going...food tastes better, the air smells better!

Ros said...

Congratulations! That is a great achievement.. are you both still smoke free? I know you wrote this back in April. Anyway, well done.

Anonymous said...

Yes Ros we are still smoke free. I can't even imagine myself smoking, it's weird but awesoem at the same time. I'm glad you commented, I have tried to leave a comment on your blog several times and it won't let me, even when I am loged in to Blogger??? So I have been reading your blog, the spiders are freakin me out though:)

Ros said...

Well then huge congratulations! That is truely wonderful.. you will be so much more healthier for it too ;)
Blogs are weird.. sometimes I have problems posting on certain people's blogs too and other times I don't. Who knows why... Either way, they are fun to read aren't they. I promise - no more spiders - at least for a while.. lol