Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I love a new box of crayons. Coloring gives me a sense of peace and relaxation. It brings me back to those more carefree days of being a kid again. Coloring to me, seems more appealing when there is a new box of crayons to use. Maybe it has to do with the sharpness of them, being able to color in all of the tiniest details, or maybe it is the sense of a fresh new start filled with all colors imaginable. How about the memory of getting new crayons as a child, the excitement and question of which page to color first,what picture deserves the vibrant colors and detail that only new crayons can give? Since becoming a mother I have had the pleasure of using new crayons more times than I can count. Each time brings a new experience with my children. As they grow they are able to appreciate those new crayons a little more and the special times that coloring together can bring. Our crayon collection is quite large but so are the memories of us all coloring together, even daddy finds the child within on occasion. I have even been known to color a picture or two for my dear(grown) friends if the picture is fitting. So this week I am thankful for new crayons and the memories they can produce and the ones that I hold dear to my heart. Thank you Crayola for such a wonderful and inexpensive treasure.

4 comments:

Ruthie said...

Okay, because of this post I bought two new boxes of Crayolas yesterday...usually I'm too cheap and practical to buy new ones when we have s many perfectly fine old(translate: broken, dull, short and nubby) crayons at home. You're right...simple pleasures are the best. :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy them;)

Ida said...

You can make really cool crayons that your girls will love from your old ones. Peel off paper. Put in tin cupcake holders and bake until all melted. Cool and let harden. WALAH...you have rainbow colored cupcake crayons! My girls use to love them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ida, I will try that. I tried to do something similar to that but it didn't work out to well;)