Monday, February 04, 2008

Valentines

I LOOOOVE Valentines Day, by far my favorite holiday. It's a time to show love and give pretty valentines to dear friends and make cute pink treats. This year is the first year for Maddie to experience the best day in school. The day of the Valentine party was always my favorite. Remember the decorated boxes that would hold all of those wonderful cards and candies passed out by each one of your friends.....oh the memories. Well this year I couldn't help myself, we made homemade Valentines and they turned out really nice. Maddie did some but was not quite as excited about making them as I was;) I am really excited about being able to be at Maddie's valentine party, it will be a good time for sharing stories with her from my childhood, I can't wait!! So here are a few pictures.

7 comments:

Ruthie said...

You are way too cute. Sophie wants to make her Valentines this year too. I think I might pick up some scrapbooking paper from the dollar tree...she makes me pump my creative muscle...

Stephanie said...

It is kind of like being a kid all over again isn't it?:)
The dollar daze downtown has spools of satin ribbon that are 2/$1, can't beat that!!

Kelli said...

Oh my these are beautiful. You are so creative and patient. What an inspiration.
Lots of Love to you all.

Stephanie said...

Thank You Kelli, and it did require the patience to leave the mess for days until we were done;)
No point in picking it all up every time right:)

iheartchocolate said...

Stephanie, these are gorgeous! Tell me how you did it! So creative. You amaze and inspire me!

Stephanie said...

Mandy,
They really are easy to make. Just cut your hearts out of construction paper, different sizes and colors. Then I used a hole punch and laced the satin ribbon through, ribbon that I found at the $ store. Glue sticks worked the best to glue two hearts together. A few markers and you're good to go. The possibilities are endless. I'm already thinking of new things to add to next years Valentines.

Ros said...

How cute.. lovely!